Sunday, July 31, 2011

Tips on how to check the power of a green laser pointer

Watch the Video here


Power – It is undeniable that the green laser pointer is one of the leaders when it comes to this category of burning and cutting abilities and almost every laser pointer techies like me cannot afford not to have this one for it is truly a must have creature of technology to us.


In case that you already have one you cannot even wait to open its box once the delivery package you ordered comes to your door steps. When I had my own I opened it immediately and held my precious device and didn’t even think of checking whether the peripherals are all included to my Laser pointers’ box.
All I’m thinking of that time is the experiment I prepared once my laser pointer arrive, which is – to pop balloons, burn paper and plastics, light matches and cut several old toys that I have. I have been preparing for this because I want to prove myself that my very own laser pointer is powerful or even more powerful than other green laser pointers being demonstrated on the internet. For me to prove that, it requires few BIG – thick balloons and NOT just ORDINARY cheap balloons others used just to say that their laser pointer can pop balloons fast.

The distance of the laser pointer from the wall should not be less than 25 feet so that you can put 25 balloons lined up side by side from the wall to your green pointer. The pointer should be positioned well so that it will project a straight line targeting the balloons so that it would also so be the same path that the balloons will be lined up to. 

When lining up the balloons to the straight line, may sure that those balloons are well attached to the ground by sticking it into a double sided adhesive tape then be sure that your video cam is well equipped and fully charged too. If your cam does have a night mode, it is much better to put it that way for you to catch the green beam clearly.

Ones your experiment starts be sure your cam is ready and well positioned because if your green laser pointer is powerful enough it’s going to be faster than you least expected. Be fast and alert in catching the action. Then after that make a comparison with other videos that have equal power output with yours. Be aware of videos that use low quality cheap balloons because that might just be a gimmick. It’s nice to watch videos that utilize tape measures and quality video graphics because it is surely not a hoax. The quality of the laser beam should not only be visible in a dark room but also even in a brightly lighted room and that is what a quality green laser pointer should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment